Applying to Graduate School Workshop
Friday Sept 26, 5 pm
Pray Harrold 417
This workshop will teach you:
- How and when to apply to MA or PhD programs in English
- What to consider when selecting a graduate program
- What documents are included in a graduate school application
- How to write a strong “statement of purpose” and select a representative writing sample
- How to apply for graduate assistantships and fellowships
Brought to you by profs. Christine Neufeld, Melissa Jones & Natasa Kovacevic
Teacher Workshop: A Neon Color Calls Me
July 30-July 31 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
This 2-day creative writing and arts institute for writers and teachers of writing features innovative ways to immerse ourselves in, and write about, visual art.
Topics include “entering” the frame, shaping a group response, finding the pulse in the painting, using opposition, moving from page to stage, and more.
Presenters include Dr. Terry Blackhawk, noted educator and winner of the John Ciardi Poetry Prize, and teaching artists and poets from Blackhawk’s InsideOut Literary Arts Project, a writers-in-schools program based in Detroit.
Workshop begins in the Lecture Hall. To register call InsideOut 313-965-5332. http://www.insideoutdetroit.org/
Supports English Language Arts and Visual Arts Standards
Member fee: $96; nonmember fee: $120
Pre-service teacher fee: $60