EMU Theatre is running a 5-Min (or Less) Sketch Writing Contest. Submit a 5-Min (or Less) sketch for the chance for it to be produced. All you have to do is provide the dialogue, scene, and characters. EMU Theatre provides directors, actors, and designers!
- Sketch must be an original 5-Min (or Less) Sketch by a registered EMU student (NOT JUST THEATRE STUDENTS!)
- 5 characters maximum within the scene
- No vulgarities (hell and damn are fine)
- Submission deadline: Friday January 27th
- Submit ONE SKETCH to email@example.com
The Top Five 5-Min (or Less) Sketches will be presented on EMU Theatre’s Youtube page. The writer of the video with the MOST YOUTUBE LIKES will win 2 Free Tickets to an EMU Theatre performance and free concessions!
Don’t miss Sean Kilpatrick and Nick Mourning presenting work for their cognate class (CTAO 542 Adapting and Directing Narrative Theatre ) with the acting talents of Creative Writing MA students and alumni Joe Sacksteder, Aaron Smith, and Gerard Breitenbeck. The performances take place Sunday, December 11, 2011, at the Lab Theatre in Quirk.
- 9:30am-10am: Sean Kilpatrick (Director) adapts Nathanael West’s Miss Lonelyhearts
- 11:30am-Noon: Nick Mourning (Director) adapts Tim O’Brien’s The Things They Carried
Both performances are free to the public.