SUPPORT YOUR FELLOW STUDENTS!
Chelsea Lonsdale (current senior – undergrad Creative Writing), will be a featured poet alongside WL Bush for a reading at the Lawrence Street Gallery, 22620 Woodward Ave # A, Ferndale. Friday at 6:30 p.m.
READINGS, PERFORMANCES, & BOOK SIGNINGS
- Novelist Karen Simpson at Nicola’s Books. 2513 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor. http://www.nicolasbooks.com Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.
- Novelist Danielle Sosin at Nicola’s Books. 2513 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor. http://www.nicolasbooks.com Thursday at 7:00 p.m.
- Poetry in the Garden at CCMA: A Reading with Keith Taylor and Laura Kasischke. 7101 West Liberty Road, Ann Arbor. http://ccmarts.org Friday at 7:00 p.m.
- Rhythm, Roots, and Rhyme Poetry Slam Showcase presented by the Detroit Jazz Festival. At The Music Box at the Max M. Fisher Music Center, 3711 Woodward Ave, Detroit. http://DetroitJazzFest.com Friday at 7:00 p.m.
- Conversations with Poets: Keith Taylor. Copper Colored Mountain Arts, 7101 West Liberty Road, Ann Arbor. http://ccmarts.org Saturday 10:30 a.m. – noon.
- Novelist Tayari Jones at Nicola’s Books. 2513 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor. http://www.nicolasbooks.com Monday at 7 p.m.
- Open Mic Night (music and poetry) at Solid Grounds Coffeehouse, 133 W. Main Street, Ste. 222, Northville. http://www.solidgroundscoffeehouse.com Tuesday starting at 6 p.m.
- Next Shit Poetry Series / Starvin’ Artists Slam. Hosted by fluent with DJ Sicari. $5. 5Elements Gallery, 2661 Michigan Avenue, Detroit. Wednesday – no time listed.
- 7 p.m. Open Mic (Music and poetry). Borders Books, 43435 Ford Rd. Canton. 734.844.2090
- Bare Soul, a weekly open mic for poets, singers, musicians and comedians hosted by Black Ink Collective. $5 for an advanced ticket; $10 at the door. Hosted by poet Ben Jones and comedian Josh Adams. At 1515 Broadway, Detroit. (313) 799-4109. Thursday beginning at 9 p.m.
- The Main Course: A weekly open mic for poets, singers, musicians and comedians. At They Say, 267 Joseph Campau Street, Detroit. (313) 446-4682. Thursday – no time listed.
- Creative Juicez Live Poetry Night : “Live poetry & singers; open mic backed by a live band. Affordable cuisine by Chef Chris; filled with spoken word, live jazz, visual art, R&B, and WHATEVER ELSE YOU BRING!” $10 / “slightly lower for open mic selectees.” At 17340 Lahser, 1 block north of Grand River, Detroit. (313) 544-0848. Saturday from 9 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Open Mic (poetry and music). Sign up begins at 7:30, performances start at 8. The Coffee Bean, 884 Penniman Avenue, Plymouth. http://www.plymouthcoffeebean.com. Monday from 7:30-11 p.m.
If you know of an event you think would make a good addition to the list, e-mail Aylen Rounds at aylen.rounds at gmail dot com.