READINGS, PERFORMANCES, & BOOK SIGNINGS
- Wednesday, 7-9 p.m.
Author Event and Book Signing With Author David Malki
David Malki is the author of the comic strip “Wondermark.” Multipurpose Room of the Ann Arbor Public Library, 343 S. Fifth Avenue, Ann Arbor. http://www.aadl.org/events/list/2
- Friday at 7 p.m.
Author Event: Novelist David Anthony
Nicola’s Books, 2513 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor. http://www.nicolasbooks.com
EXHIBITS AND OTHER STUFF YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT:
- Watermarks from Venice Exhibit shows examples of early printed books produced in Venice from the fifteenth century onward. Harlan Hatcher Special Collections area of the Hatcher Graduate Library, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Monday-Friday 10 A.M. – 5 P.M. Beginning Monday, May 23rd.
- Historical Bookbindings: A Thousand Years of Structure and Style. Open every day (hours vary)in the Audubon Room of the Hatcher Graduate Library, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
OPEN MICS THIS WEEK:
- Open Mic Night (music and poetry) at Solid Grounds Coffeehouse, 133 W. Main Street, Ste. 222, Northville. http://www.solidgroundscoffeehouse.com Tuesday starting at 6 p.m.
- Next Shit Poetry Series / Starvin’ Artists Slam. Hosted by fluent with DJ Sicari. $5. 5Elements Gallery, 2661 Michigan Avenue, Detroit. Wednesday – no time listed.
- 7 p.m. Open Mic (Music and poetry). Borders Books, 43435 Ford Rd. Canton. 734.844.2090
- Bare Soul, a weekly open mic for poets, singers, musicians and comedians hosted by Black Ink Collective. $5 for an advanced ticket; $10 at the door. Hosted by poet Ben Jones and comedian Josh Adams. At 1515 Broadway, Detroit. (313) 799-4109. Thursday beginning at 9 p.m.
- The Main Course: A weekly open mic for poets, singers, musicians and comedians. At They Say, 267 Joseph Campau Street, Detroit. (313) 446-4682. Thursday – no time listed.
- Creative Juicez Live Poetry Night : “Live poetry & singers; open mic backed by a live band. Affordable cuisine by Chef Chris; filled with spoken word, live jazz, visual art, R&B, and WHATEVER ELSE YOU BRING!” $10 / “slightly lower for open mic selectees.” At 17340 Lahser, 1 block north of Grand River, Detroit. (313) 544-0848. Saturday from 9 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Open Mic (poetry and music). Sign up begins at 7:30, performances start at 8. The Coffee Bean, 884 Penniman Avenue, Plymouth. http://www.plymouthcoffeebean.com. Monday from 7:30-11 p.m.
If you know of an event you think would make a good addition to the list, e-mail Aylen Rounds at aylen.rounds @ gmail.com.