Advancing Feminist Poetics and Activism: A Gathering
CUNY Graduate Center, Fall 2009
In celebration of its tenth year, Belladonna (belladonnaseries.org) will join with The CUNY Graduate Center’s Women’s Studies Certificate Program, Center for Research on Women and Society, Center for Humanities, Poetics Group, and English Department to present a conference aimed at advancing and broadcasting the life of Feminist Avant-Garde Poetics and Activism Today. The conference will take place at the CUNY Graduate Center on September 24 and 25, 2009.
Goals for this conference are the following:
- To support the study of the Feminist Avant-Garde
- To encourage collaboration between radical feminist artists/thinkers/activists.
- To provide a space to think about relevant activism in these times, in this place.
Papers and presentations might focus on (but are not limited to) the following topics:
- Collaborations between poets and artists, poets and dancers, poetry theater, poets and scientists (or science), between teachers and students, between poets and community activists.
- Critical consideration of women writers who for whatever reason have not yet received it—we welcome non-traditional and cross-genre approaches.
- Race, Gender, Class: Working within and across affinities.
- AgitProp that incorporates poetic thinking and expression.
- Calls for Action. Organizing sessions.
Send panel proposals and/or paper abstracts (350 words maximum, or send a dvd of performance/visual/sound work) to email@example.com by December 1, 2008.